Youth Football Scotland is a not-for-profit social enterprise with the primary target of providing a one stop shop for anyone connected to the game of youth football Scotland-wide. No matter what capacity you hold, from head of a big youth club to a parent on the sidelines - we seek to fill any gaps and promote good practice in already active marketplaces. We are grateful for the support given to us by Scotland UnLtd (Social Entrepreneurs Fund), SIE and Young Scot, who have helped make YFS possible.
If you would like to join us click here. To contribute to the site click here.
Youth Football Scotland's ongoing objectives are:
• Create a new, exciting energy within youth football in Scotland, raising its profile and breathing life into the game.
• Create a medium to allow players and coaches anywhere in Scotland to find clubs and help increasee the number of young people participating in the sport.
• Provide a one-stop online information and news resource for everyone involved in youth football across Scotland - players, coaches, secretaries, teams, clubs and referees.
• Create a Scotland-wide community for exchange, sharing and discussion of youth football issues and achievements.
• Create a Scotland wide marketplace connecting youth football service and product suppliers and consumers.
• Use the engagement with football to create a platform to promote health, equality, inclusion and education.
• Provide a forum for continuing 'needs analysis', with a flexible approach towards adapting and creating new content and services.
• Provide equal opportunities to those involved with the elite, community, women’s and disability associations.
• Promote digital inclusion and IT literacy amongst young people through their passion for football.
(SIE: New Ventures Social Enterprise Award Winner 2011)