Home My YFS

Terrific Tynecastle comeback seals Semi-Final berth

Dundonald Bluebell 96 2

Feeley 7 , Crichton18

Tynecastle FC 3

Philp 26 , Dowds 43 , Scott 55
  • Sunday, 08 February 2015
  • Dovecot Park
  • Under 19´s
  • TWS Scottish Youth FA Cup - Quarter Final

Craig Edwards | YFS East Region Journalist
Author's Bio | Articles by Author | [email protected]

Tynecastle secured a place in the TWS Scottish Youth FA Cup semi-final after a tremendous comeback to beat Dundonald Bluebell. Nathan Feeley and Raymond Crichton had given Dundonald a 2-0 lead but goals from Jack Philp, Anton Dowds and Stephen Scott meant it was the visitors who progressed at Dovecot Park.

A scrappy opening for this cup quarter final tie enabled Lewis Hutton the first chance for Bluebell within the first minute but the visitors responded immediately, however the flag put pay to the chance.
Dundonald got the lead after 7 minutes despite the scrappy nature of the first 5 minutes as Crichton did great work down the left wing before crossing it in for Jon Rodigan before he got his shot blocked on the line by Tynecastle defender Matthew Quinn but his clearance could only strike Feeley on the chest and the ball found its way into the Tynecastle net.
More great work 2 minutes later from Crichton won Dundonald a free kick but it would come to nothing. Dundonald  doubled their lead on 18 minutes when a tremendous solo run from Crichton was finished off brilliantly  into the far corner after a lovely counter attack from the hosts.
Tynecastle  responded 8 minutes later when a cross eventually found its way across the goal to Philp who volleyed off the underside of the bar to bring Tynecastle back into the cup tie.
A spell of chances arrived with a lovely interchange between Lewis Scarlett and Crichton almost saw Crichtons second as his cross almost sneaked in at the far post. Tynecastle responded straight away with Matthew Graham having his effort blocked by the Bluebell defence.
The half would end on a high for the visitors as Dowds collected the ball and ran at the Bluebell defence before tucking it home over the onrushing Darryl Gear to level the quarter final tie at half time.
  • Half Time:
  • Dundonald Bluebell 96
  • 2-2
  • Tynecastle FC

Tynecastle began the second half the way the ended the first and came out the brighter of the two sides. A series of long throw ins caused problems for Dundonald but they were up to the challenge. Tynecastle did however use their possession advantage as within 10 minutes of the second half an amazing swivel and strike from Scott rattled the underside of the bar as it found its way into the net to complete the turnaround for Tynecastle. In the aftermath of the goal for Tynecastle, Dundonalds  Neil Wallace was sent off.

Tynecastle used their numerical advantage by using the space well and created good chances. A free kick by Philp fell kindly to Kyle Scott whose shot was well saved by Gear. Gear was in action again after a lovely through ball from Ewan Herrot found Connor Brydon but he was denied by the Dundonald keeper.
The game would end on a sour note for the hosts as Liam Rolland was shown a second yellow card and the subsequent red with 2 minutes to go but it is Tynecastle FC that progress to the semi-final after a hard fought win at Dovecot Park in Glenrothes.
  • Full Time:
  • Dundonald Bluebell 96
  • 2-3
  • Tynecastle FC


Dundonald Bluebell 96
Tynecastle FC
1. Darryl Gear
2. Jamie Leitch
3. Lewis To
6. Connor Findlay
7. Max Coleman
8. Liam Rolland
9. Nathan Feeley
10. Raymond Crichton
11. Jon Rodigan
13. Gregor Carstairs
14. Duncan Marnoch
15. Neil Wallace
16. David Mitchel
17. Lewis Scarlett
18. Lewis Hutton
19. Shaun Barrnet
1. Chris Burt
2. Ewan Herrot
3. Bradd Camp
4. Matthew Quinn
5. Craig Russell
6. Barry Hogg
7. Jack Philp
8. Gregor Lockhart
9. Stephen Scott
10. Calum Helm
11. Matthew Graham
12. Ryan Travis
15. Anton Dowds
16. Kyle Scott
17. Connor Brydon
20. Darren Mitchell
Star Player
Dundonald Bluebell 96
Tynecastle FC
Raymond Crichton - Always looked a threat when he was on the ball and caused the Tynecastle defence problems with his runs throughout the game. Got a deserved goal to cap of a superb game.
Anton Dowds - Came on a substitute mid way through the first half and changed the game for Tynecastle as he controlled the play in the middle. Got the goal before half time to level the tie up and swing the game into Tynecastles favour.
Magic Moment
Dundonald Bluebell 96
Tynecastle FC
The tremendous solo run from Raymond Crichton that resulted in Jon Rodigan shot being blocked on the line before getting turned in by Nathan Feeley.
The swivelling turn and shot from Stephen Scott that thundered off the bar and into the back of the net. A goal that could be shown a thousand times.
  • Match report and photos copyright Youth Football Scotland.
Login to post comments