Home My YFS

Scottish FA Youth Cup quarter-final round-up

Written by 
Last weekend saw the quarter-finals of the Scottish FA Youth Cup; eight teams battling it out for a place at the showpiece event at Hampden in April.
Cove Rangers were continuing their Cinderella story with a long journey to Ibrox to take on Rangers. Last season's winners faced a potentially difficult challenge against Queens Park, last year's finalists Aberdeen took on Kilmarnock and Dundee hosted Celtic.
Here is how all of the matches played out:
Hibernian 1-3 Queens Park
In what was surely the shock of the round, champions Hibernian fell to a 3-1 defeat against an outstanding Queens Park.
Michael Ruth gave Queens Park the lead on the 11 mnute mark, a lead which the Spiders carried through to half-time.
Josh Black doubled the lead for the capital side just after the hour mark. Ryan Shanley gave Hibs a glimmer of hope when he pulled one back three minutes from time, however Stevie Bradley restored his sdes two goal advantage just two minutes later. Queens held on for a sensational victory.
Rangers 3-0 Cove Rangers
Cove Rangers took Rangers all the way but couldn't find a way to goal as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Ibrox.
The first half ended goalless, but Rangers took the lead five minutes into the second half through Josh McPake.
Matt Yates doubled the lead 10 minutes from time and Joao Balde finished the scoring in injury time to see the Ibrox side into the semi-finals.
Aberdeen 2-1 Kilmarnock
Last season's beaten finalists Aberdeen are one game away from another Hampden outing as they overcame Kilmarnock by the narrowest of margins.
Ethan Ross opened the scoring for the Dons 15 minutes in, before Andrew Monk equalised for Killie just before half-time.
Ross doubled his tally and restored his teams lead, and the Dons held on for the win.
You can read our match report on this game here.
Dundee 1-3 Celtic
A strong second half performance from Celtic saw them past Dundee at Forfar's Station Park.
Dundee took the lead courtesy of a Liam Morrison own goal. Scott Robertson equalised for the Glasgow side five minutes into the second half.
Michael Sparkes gave Celtic the lead 10 minutes from time before Robertson popped up again to seal the victory for his side and a semi-final spot.
Login to post comments