Print this page

Athletic absent as Jerviston Cup journey continues

Written by 


Jerviston FC
Crosshouse Athletic
U13's Trans World Soccer Scottish Cup R3
27 October 2013
Both teamsentered this 3rd round Scottish cup tie as top of their respective league (LFDA and CAYFA) so it was looking like a good game from the outset.
Up against the elements both teams tried to play the football in the correct manner and resisted temptation to punt the ball up the park.
The game started evenly with both teams working hard to gain the upper hand.
Eventually the home side made the break through after a great cross from Robbie Duddy onto the head of Jerviston Fc's Nathan McConnell who directed the ball into the keepers right hand post. 1-0 Jerviston
The second goal came after further pressure from Jerviston resulting in a through ball leaving a 50-50 challenge with Jervistons Matthew Sinclair and the Crosshouse goalkeeper bravely diving to the advancing players feet but just missing out on the tackle and receiving a sore one as a result. The ball broke kindly to Kian Marshall who calmly slotted away for his first.
Crosshouse continued to try and press Jerviston up the pitch and the excellent distribution from the keeper helped then put pressure on Jerviston on a number of occasions.
Jerviston's third came from a great through ball from midfielder Dean Bell and a fantastic sole effort from the big centre forward Kian Marshall that seen him take on two Crosshouse Players and calmly slot past the advancing goalkeeper.
Although going 3 down Crosshouse didn't give up and had their best passage of play in the last part of the 1st Half with numerous corners, a penalty claim and a direct freekick just over the bar.
Half time: Jerviston FC u13s 3-0 Crosshouse Athletic
Crosshouse obviously had a good team talk at half time as they came out fighting in the second half and worked hard to try and gain the upper hand with play going end to end.
it took almost 20 minutes before Jerviston got their third goal which came from a good corner kick that was cleared by the Crosshouse defenders only to the edge of the box where Robbie Duddy took a great first touch and hit a sweet volley which took a wicked deflection which left the keeper the no chance.
Jerviston had the upper hand by this point and if it wasn't for some great defending and the fantastic reflexes of the Crosshouse keeper they could have had a couple more.
With the game fizzing out Jerviston got their 5th and final goal from a great passage of play and through ball to substitute forward Max Baird who was on the pitch a matter of minutes and made a great strike from just outside the box across the goalkeeper into his bottom righthand corner.
Full time: Jerviston FC 5-0 Crosshouse Athletic
Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season and to Jerviston for the next round of the Cup. 

Latest from YFS Editor 2

Related items

Login to post comments