Home My YFS

Alva clinical as they see off Dunblane in the league.

Written by  Alva Swifts


Dunblane Soccer Club
Alva swifts
Under-15 FVFDA
14 May 2014
A sticky dull evening at Dunblane High School was the venue for this FVFDA league tie between Dunblane Soccer Club and Alva Swifts.
From the first whistle it was noticeable Finlay Mackenzie was in the mood for causing the Dunblane defence problems.
Alva got straight to business as Adam Lawrie-Kent orchestrated attack after attack from his sitting midfield role with simple effective distribution via David Ross and Craig Brown.
Within the first five minutes Alva were threatening after Adam slid through an inch perfect ball for Fin to latch onto and find himself one on one with the Dunblane goalkeeper.  Unfortunately for Fin, as he would soon learn, the Dunblane goalkeeper was also in inspired form and managed to toe poke Fin's shot wide of his right post.
This pattern of play continued as Adam, David and Craig continued to find Fin with through balls behind the Dunblane defence to put him through one on one with the keeper.  However, time after time Fin was thwarted by a big toe on either foot of the Dunblane keeper.
Alva finally got their break through when a through ball found Corey Keenan on the left.  Corey carried to the edge of the eighteen yard line and played the ball into the danger area to find Jack Donald waiting to execute and put Alva in the lead.
Soon after the whistle blew for half time and Fin left the park bewildered wondering what he had to do to score and thinking, who needs hands when you have big toes like that??
Half Time: Dunblane 0-1 Alva Swifts
Alva made substitutions in midfield at half time and took the game to Dunblane straight from kick-off.  However, Dunblane weren't reading the script and they caught Alva on the break with a clearance to find themselves through on the Alva goal and convert to draw the match even.
Alva soon recovered and the first half pattern of play returned.  Fin was again finding himself through one on one with the Dunblane keeper who continued his inspired form to thwart him.
Soon after a change was made and Fin moved to the right wing.  The impact of this change was instant as Fin's power and pace caused no end of problems on the right side with balls into the Dunblane six yard line soon being finished with each attack.  With ten minutes to go Fin finally got his reward with a run in on goal from the right which he executed with a powerful shot leaving the Dunblane goalkeeper with no chance.
For most of the second half Alva ruthlessly contained Dunblane and even though there were a dozen or so clean cut chances missed the final score ended Dunblane Soccer Club 1-9 Alva Swifts. 
Full Time: Dunblane 1-9 Alva Swifts
Login to post comments