Home My YFS

Milton put seven past East Kilbride as they march on to the next round

Written by 


East Kilbride FC Red's
Milton Red's
U17's Central Regional Cup
02 November 2014
On Sunday 2nd November Milton Reds 98’s under 17’s, travelled to East Kilbride to take on East Kilbride FC Reds in the 1st round of the Regional Cup. East Kilbride have had a fine start to the season and currently lie second in their League.
The match was played at Kirktonholme in East Kilbride on a tight grass park. With the poor underfoot conditions and a blustery wind blowing diagonally across the park it was always going to be difficult for both teams.  
Milton Reds started with the advantage of the wind and soon got into their stride. 
East Kilbride keeper Kennedy was put under pressure in the early stages as Milton won a series of corners and came close to scoring as they increased the pressure but only the crossbar and some desperate goal-line clearances kept the score sheet blank.
 In the 22nd minute Milton Reds took the lead when midfielder Blair Robertson fired home from a Kros Brown delivery. In the 32minute Milton doubled their advantage when Brown fired home from a Jake Hurry pass. 
East Kilbride did manage to force Milton keeper Krol into a fine double save as they battled to get on the score-sheet but the flow of the match was mainly towards the home area. 
With the blustery wind in their favour Milton went “route one” for goal number three when Brown ran on to a long ball from Milton keeper Adrian Krol before firing a tremendous shot passed the helpless home keeper. 
The half time whistle came with scoreline three nil in favour of Milton but the score could have been even greater as Milton had struck the woodwork an increditable six times and also had numerous other close efforts as they bombarded the home goal. 
Half Time: East Kilbride FC Reds 0-3 Milton Red's
After the break and with East Kilbride now having the wind advantage Milton knew to expect the home side to try hard to get back into the contest and the next goal would be vital. 
Milton got the ball down and continued to have the majority of possession with a solid back-line and Robertson and Ryan Beyer controlling the midfield while Hurry and Gardner were always threatening in the wide areas.
With the double threat of Kros Brown and Callum Brown upfront Milton were looking the side more likely to score. Goal number four came on the hour mark When Robertson scored from another Kros Brown assist. 
And within a minute Callum Brown expertly fired a left foot shot into the bottom corner to end the game as a contest. Milton then took total control of play as the dominated the final stages. 
In the 83rd minute Hurry who had tortured the home defence throughout the match finally got the goal his play merited when he took a delightful touch while running at full pace and fired past the helpless Kennedy for goal number six. 
In the final minute of the match Robertson completed his hat-trick from a Callum Brown corner. 
The full time whistle blew with the score seven nil in favour of Milton Reds. Milton now progress to the second round of the Regional where their opponents will be local Forth Valley team Stein’s. 
Full Time: East Kilbride FC Red's 0-7 Milton Red's
Login to post comments