Home My YFS

Wishaw maintain unbeaten run after victory over Wolves

Written by  Wishaw BC


Wishaw BC
Wolves BC
Under 15's Lanarkshire FDA B League
30 December 2014
There was one change to the line up from last weeks cup win against Villa Park for Wishaw BC, with Iain Hardie slotting in at left back and Matthew Hillan starting the game on left midfield after impressing last week.
After starting quietly over the last few matches Wishaw found their feet early on, with Chris Bruce performing strongly in midfield. 
After five minutes of getting the better of the possession and territory, a ball was slid down the right to Ross Park who skipped past his man and delivered a dangerous cross into the area which took a slight deflection before finding Matthew Hillan who finished excellently, 1-0 to Wishaw.
Wishaw continued to hold the advantage in midfield with Cammy Ballantyne showing an enthusiasm to get on the ball and spray passes about, supported by Chris Bruce who was dominant in possession and Matthew and Ross Park down the flanks who were looking dangerous as they moved forward.
The second goal came after fifteen minutes, after Chris Bruce hit a tremendous long diagonal ball from his own half, and as the Wolves keeper dithered about whether to come for it or not it allowed Ross Wileman to nip in front of him and clip the ball past the keeper into the net off the left hand post from eighteen yards. 
This seemed to settle Wishaw down, and allowed them to play some neat football.
Wishaw's search for a third goal continued, with Chris Bruce coming close with a rasping long shot which flew slightly wide, and Cammy delivering a succession of quality corners which caused panic in the Wolves defence. 
Chris Bruce also came close with a glancing header from a free kick from Cammy, and Ross Park was causing nightmares for the Wolves left back. 
However as the half went on, Wolves began to enjoy more possession as the lack of movement up front allowed their defence to pick their passes with more time and their greater numbers in midfield started putting the Wishaw back four under pressure.
Half Time : Wishaw BC 2-0 Wolves BC
The second half started in similar fashion as the first, with Ross Park carving out a great chance from the right but unfortunately his cross slid across the goalmouth without anybody driving into the area hard enough to meet his cross. 
Wolves started to up their game after some harsh words from their coaches at half time, and they changed their formation, which alongside a touch of complacency and urgency from Wishaw going forward started to pile the pressure on the Wishaw rearguard. 
After Wolves had squandered a few chances the Wishaw coaches decided it was time for a change with Ross Paton coming on for Morgan, with Dylan moving into the centre and Matthew moving back to left back and Chris MacNeil moving into midfield, but it was Wolves who continued to pile the pressure, creating more chances which we were fortunate did not find the net.
Declan Hutton then replaced Jamie in goals and Connor Bohan came onto the left of midfield replacing centre forward Kieran Duffy. Before Wishaw had a chance to get used to all the changes, they unfortunately conceded a goal that had certainly been on the cards. A needless free kick was given away near the corner flag, and the ensuing cross caused panic in the defence and was stabbed home from close range. 2-1.
Chris Bruce drove forward through the middle and hit a great shot, which came back off the Wolves keeper and fell into the path of Ross Wileman, who calmly slotted past the despairing dive of the recovering keeper, 3-1.
It was Chris that turned provider shortly afterwards though, as he slid an excellently weighted ball through the left channel picking the run of Ross Wileman who clipped the ball past the keeper to complete his hat-trick. Three clinical finishes from Ross, all from assists from Chris, 4-1 to Wishaw.
The three goal gap gave Wishaw a bit of breathing space, and unfortunately they relaxed a little bit from the intensity they had shown for the previous fifteen minutes which allowed the ten men of Wolves to get back into the game a little, and after the defence stood off the Wolves left winger it allowed him to pick out an excellent shot which sailed into the top corner giving Declan no chance.
But as the game drew to a close it was Wishaw who finished with a flourish, Chris Bruce again drove forward looking for the goal his display deserved, but again the keeper tipped his shot wide. However from the resulting corner from Connor Bohan it was Chris who rose highest to power home a header into the net, 5-2.
Full Time : Wishaw BC 5-2 Wolves BC
Login to post comments