The third YFS TV : Live Debate Show, hosted by Ryan Rowe, on the topic of refereeing & touchline behaviour in Scotland.
The fourth YFS TV : Live Debate Show, hosted by Ryan Rowe, on the topic of grassroots & pro-youth club relationships in Scotland.
The panel consists of:
- George Craig - Head of Football Operations, Hibernian FC (Played a lead role in the review & restructure of Club Academy Scotland).
- Scott Robertson - Committee member, Musselburgh Windsor FC and co-founder of Realgrassroots.
- Daniel Shields - Former youth player at Alloa Athletic & Spartans FC. He has also represented Lothian Schools (Seniors), Edinburgh Schools, South East Region and the SYFA National Squad.
The topics discussed include:
- Overall, how would you assess relationships between professional and grassroots clubs at present?
- Movement of players from grassroots to professional clubs. What current processes are in place, are they being followed and is there room for improvement?
- Players leaving the pro game and returning to grassroots... we are forever hearing 'they just aren't the same player that left'. Is their confidence being dented?
- The million dollar question. What is the best age for a player to move from a grassroots club to pro youth? Playing with their friends vs professional level training.
- The Club Academy Scotland system operates without league tables and cup competitions until the SPFL Development League/Scottish FA U20 Youth Cup. Is this correct?
- Is there too much travel in the Club Academy Scotland game?
- Is there any merit in a 'regional super league', that would see pro teams regularly compete against top grassroots teams in their region?
Watch the debate in full below: