Home My YFS

SPFL Development Round-Up 20-21 November 2017

Written by 
Dundee United 2-2 Hibernian FC
It was honours even between Dundee United and Hibernian as they played out an entertaining 2-2 draw on a miserable Monday evening at Links Park.
Hibernian opened the scoring after nine minutes thanks to Ryan Porteous, who converted with a glancing header from Fraser Murray’s corner.
United equalised 10 minutes from the break with Matty Smith firing into the top corner from 15 yards out, and took the lead shortly after the interval through substitute Dom Mcmeekin.
Hibs were level after 65 minutes when Oli Shaw got onto the end of a Josh Campbell cross to convert and earn his side a share of the points.
Falkirk 0-2 Aberdeen
Aberdeen climbed to the top of the SPFL Development League with an impressive victory away to Falkirk.
The Dons took the lead on the 27 minute mark when striker Nicky Maynard was bundled down in the box for a penalty, which the experienced forward duly converted.
Falkirk began the second half brightly and could have been level early on through Mark Stowe, who broke through on goal only to angle his effort just wide of the post as they began to put Aberdeen on the back foot.
The Reds showed resilience though, and got their decisive second goal. Greg Stewart’s shot was parried by Bairns ‘keeper Robbie Mutch into the path of Frank Ross, who sealed the three points for his side.
Ross County 4-3 Motherwell
Ross County climbed up to third in the SPFL Development League table as they overcame high-flying Motherwell in a thrilling encounter in the Highlands.
Thomas Mikkelsen’s header on the 25 minute mark opened the scoring and the Danish forward added a second five minutes later to give the Staggies a two-goal cushion.
Motherwell came out fighting after the break and pulled one back with a stunning 20-yard strike from David Turnbull, and the ‘Well levelled the scoring just four minutes later through Luke Watt.
The Dingwall side responded three minutes later, taking the lead through Bill McKay. Motherwell levelled again thanks to Jack McMillan but County got what proved to be the winner 15 minutes from time when a deflected shot from Ross MacIvar found its way into the back of the net.
St. Mirren 3-3 Hamilton Accies
Both side left it late on Tuesday Afternoon as St. Mirren and Hamilton Accies shared six goals in the final half hour of an exciting match.
Cameron MacPherson opened the scoring for the Saints on the hour mark, only for Hamilton to equalise just 40 seconds later through Lewis Ferguson.
Five minutes later, Accies were in front through Ross Cunningham and extended that lead five minutes after that with a penalty after Ryan Tierney was fouled.
The Buddies brought one back with Andrew McDonald, and completed their comeback when Sam Jamieson rounded his namesake to end the scoring in an incredible second half of football
Login to post comments