Home My YFS
Monday, 11 March 2013 17:28

Dunipace beat Colts to boost title hopes

Written by  Gordon McArthur
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Cumbernauld Colts
Dunipace Juniors
U19 Forth Valley FDA
Broadwood Stadium
On very cold morning at Broadwood Stadium two of the contenders for the FVFDA U’19 league came head to head. It was Dunipace who came out the blocks quickest. Chris McDonald pressed high on the left and dispossessed the full back before cutting the ball back to Liam Taggart who seen his shot from just inside the box parried by Colts keeper Lee Emslie, Chris McDonald then pounced on the rebound only to be brought down by the keeper Lee Emslie. Liam Taggart stepped up to put the resulting penalty beyond Emslie on 5 mins.

Dunipace had to make a change after only 10 mins. The injured Daniel Jackson being replaced by Blair Lockhart.

Cumbernauld then started to press further up the park with Lee Cassidy being the main threat from the Colts midfield. Cassidy delivered several dangerous crosses from corners and free kicks. Dunipace had central defenders Taylor Gordon and Liam McNally along with goalkeeper Lewis White to thank for stopping the danger. As Cumbernauld continued to press, Dunipace looked to counter at pace. On the 35 min mark, Emslie again allowed a shot to spill out and substitute Lockhart was there to finish neatly in the corner.

Half Time: Cumbernauld Colts 1-3 Dunipace Juniors

In the second half Cumbernauld came out determined to get back into the game but with this they left more space for Dunipace to pick them off. Dunipace looked dangerous but couldn’t get the better of an improved Emslie until 60 mins when Lockhart again made a late run into the box and showed great composure to pass the ball into the net. Lockhart then had a few chances to seal his hat trick but either shot wide or straight at the keeper.

Despite Dunipace looking comfortable and threatening to add to their tally, Colts continued to push forward and got a goal back on 73 mins a great finish from trialist McGinty.

Lockhart was denied a penalty in 80 mins and with that his chance of a hat trick had gone.

Dunipace saw the game out with some tireless midfield work from Danny Hutchison and Ryan Murphy, holding on for a good hard fought 3-1 win.
Full Time: Cumbernauld Colts 1-3 Dunipace Juniors
Last modified on Thursday, 19 September 2013 11:29
Login to post comments