Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 03/09/17 and 05/09/17

Written by 

The third week of the season saw repeats of last season’s Wellgate Cup and Chuck McGowan Cup finals. In the U13 age group, the Diamond Jubilee Cup group stages reached their conclusion. On Tuesday night, there was a full round of G Taylor League fixtures that saw two of the top teams from last season face off. 
In Group A of the Diamond Jubilee Cup, Celtic Boys picked up a 7-2 win against Dundee West Royals. Sol Archibald and Aiden Davidson were on target for the Royals.
In Group B, Ciaran Quinn got four goals for Broughty Pumas as they recorded a big win against Monifieth.
Carnoustie topped Group C with five wins from five after a 5-2 win over Dundee West Reds. Scott Hamilton bagged a hat trick, with Karter Inglis and Jack Chalmers also finding the net. James Valentine and Rourke Davidson got the goals for Dundee West.
Fairmuir finished Group D in style with a big win against ACSC in Arbroath. Blair Fyffe scored six, with Harrison Smith, Stuart Heenan and Jamie Fraser all picking up hat tricks, and braces for Lewis Hornshaw, Finlay Garty and Jude Duguid capping off a group stage that saw Fairmuir score 51 times in five matches. Not a bad way to start 11-a-side football.
In the DS Rennie League, Celtic Boys picked up a 3-0 win over Ferry Athletic, while Liam Baillie’s hat trick helped Forfar Boys to a 6-0 win over Montrose.
Two of the newly promoted sides faced off as Brechin hosted ACSC. It was the Arbroath side that finished higher in the league last season, but Brechin took the points courtesy of a 2-1 win.
Goals from Leon Winterton and Ross Bell earned Broughty United a 2-2 draw with Dundee West.
In the Watson McInally League, Riverside, Dryburgh and Monifieth all maintained their 100% records. Monifieth were 5-2 winners against Arbroath. Ryan Smith bagged a double, with Ryan Murray, Jamie Vials and Jamie Pelling all finding the net.
Dryburgh picked up a big win against Douglas, with Sy Coventry scoring five times. Daryll Ferguson, Roan Campbell and Charlie Jamieson all scored hat tricks as Dryburgh made it three wins from three.
Riverside won 8-2 against Vale of Tay, Caden Rice was on target once, but Jonah McCallum stole the show as he scored seven times.
There was a 10-goal thriller at Claypotts Park as Dundee Thistle took on high flying Broughty Panthers. Ryan Carr failed to convert an early penalty for Broughty, and Dundee Thistle found themselves two to the good at half time. Carr quickly made amends for his early penalty, as he fired in a hat trick, and provided two assists as Broughty picked up a 7-3 win, and their fourth win in four games.
Across the road, Ferry Athletic played host to Dundee West in a repeat of last season’s Wellgate Cup final. Dundee West were victorious that day, and took the three points thanks to a hat trick from Nick Fletcher, and goals from Lewis Hutton and Logan Smith. Dundee West winning 5-2 in the end.
Pitfour picked up a big win over Montrose as they made it five wins from five. Last season’s champions have over 40 goals from their opening five games, and have conceded just twice.
Fairmuir recorded a 5-0 win over Carnoustie, with Robbie Flynn picking up a hat trick. Goals from Cody Louge and Steven Irvine weren’t enough to stop Celtic Boys going down 3-2 against DUSC.
This week’s featured match saw Broughty United host St Murdochs at Claypotts Park, and last season’s Jean Pierre Babin Cup finalists got off to the perfect start as Simon Sharpe found the net twice in the opening 16 minutes, the first coming after just 28 seconds.
Goals either side of half time from Jack Paterson and Bradley Bell brought Saints level.
Robbie McDonald then saw red for a foul in the middle of the park and had goalkeeper Gregor Tweed to thank for keeping Broughty level. Tweed made a fine reflex save to stop Logan Swankie’s header, and then denied Cameron Johnston inside the box.
Rory Jagusinski’s late brace secured Broughty the points. The first saw the fullback dance through the Saints defenders and slot a low shot into the net, and the second saw him effortlessly lob the ball over goalkeeper Roman Robb with only a few minutes remaining.
Elsewhere in the Maryfield League, Ross Mcnaughton’s double helped reigning champions Dryburgh take three points from Ferry Athletic. Jake Stewart opened the scoring, and then levelled the game at 2-2, but Mcnaughton’s goals, as well as strikes from Ewan Stewart and Ryan Corbitt saw the champions maintain their 100% record.
Blairgowrie’s Alan Mattner took his tally for the season to five as they beat St Andrew’s Colts 4-1. Eden Gordon and Euan Rutherford also found the net, as Blairgowrie move up to third in the table. 
Fairmuir and Scone Thistle served up a rare 0-0 draw at Graham Street, while Owen Brownlie’s free kick secured Forfar Albion a 3-3 draw with Logie Harp, who turned around a 2-0 deficit after Lewis Davidson and Russell Mitchell had given the Angus side the lead.
In the W Mills League, Monifieth picked up a 3-0 win at the expense of Dundee Thistle. Adam Gray, Liam Annan and Jamie Lynch all on target as Monifieth got their first three points of the season.
There was late drama as St Murdochs Colts took on Brechin City. Bryce Duff and Hayden Menmuir got the goals for the Saints Colts, but Calum McKelvie’s goal and a last-minute penalty from Joe Paton ensured both sides a share of the spoils.
Last season’s top two faced off in the Dave Pullar League as East Craigie played host to Fairmuir. The current champions put on a show as they ran out 5-1 winners, with last season’s top scorer Keir Gardiner bagging a brace. Reece Lornie, Matt McKinnon, Callum McCleary also found the net, with Fairmuir’s goal coming from Jay Taylor.
Tom Grubb’s goal earned Ferry Athletic a point against Kirrie Thistle, while late goals from Craig Heggie and Daniel Wardlaw saw Dundee Rangers draw 2-2 with ACSC, earning them their first point of the season.
In the Bodycare Complimentary Clinics League, Carnoustie Panmure took on Brechin City in a repeat of last season’s Chuck McGowan Cup final. Carnoustie lifted the silverware back in April, but had to be content with a point after falling behind to Sam Rogerson’s early goal, the match finishing 1-1.
Mark McKinley found the net twice for Monifieth Athletic, but couldn’t stop them losing 3-2 to Dryburgh. Anton McAleese was on target twice for Partan Craig as they beat St Andrews Colts 5-2.
Dundee West maintained their 100% record as they fired six past Monifieth Tayside. Matthew Brown grabbed a hat trick, Ben Amos got a double, and the league’s joint top scorer Nathan Scott was also on target.
Fairmuir Violet came from a goal down to beat 10-man Brechin at Graham Street. The Angus side had the lead at half time, but doubles from Robbie Gallacher and Jaden Murphy, as well as goals from Brendan Howett and Ryan Scobie saw Fairmuir ease to victory.
Coupar Angus and Monifieth Athletic played out a 1-1 draw, while Forfar West End picked up a 3-0 against Luncarty. Cameron Fraser scored twice, with Jay Doherty also getting his first goal of the season.
Tuesday’s featured match saw Dundee West take on Fairmuir. Robbie Flynn fired Fairmuir into the lead after 10 minutes, but Lee Clark prodded Dundee West level midway through the first half.
Nick Fletcher volleyed the hosts into the lead early in the second half, only for Ruari Henry to bring Fairmuir level with a deft header nine minutes later.
Robbie Flynn raced around Dundee West keeper David Boylan after 74 minutes, and gave Fairmuir the lead, but Marcel Motyka’s red card gave Dundee West a late boost, and in the fourth minute of injury time, they were awarded a penalty. Callum Rae stepped up and sealed his side a point.
The result allowed Pitfour to open a four-point gap on Fairmuir at the top of the table, as they beat Celtic Boys 9-1. Ally Alcorn and Jordan Turnbull both bagged hat tricks for the champions. They got 70 goals between them last year, and have already found the net 31 times between them in the opening six games.
Broughty Panthers suffered their first defeat at the hands of Monifieth. Cammy Watts, Arran Ferry and Aidan Lorente’s goals lifted unbeaten Monifieth to third in the table.
Jack Kingston’s goal and a double from Dougray Smith saw Riverside pick up a 3-2 win over Broughty United. Ferry Athletic beat Montrose by the same score.
DUSC beat Dundee Thistle 7-0, while Forfar came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw with Carnoustie. Braden Batley got the goal for Carnoustie.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments