Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 24/09/17

Written by 
The second round of the Scottish Cup provided plenty of thrills, upsets and drama throughout all the age groups.

Here’s how the action went down:

Carnoustie Panmure secured passage to the third round as they won 3-1 against Lumphinnans United. Jack Chalmers was on target twice with Dillon Fraser also finding the net.

They will be joined by Fairmuir, who won 8-2 away to Forfar. Stuart Heenan grabbed a hat trick as Fairmuir cruised into Round Three.

Pitfour and Maryfield will also be in the draw for the next round, as they eased past Broughty Pumas and Scone Thistle respectively. Ferry Athletic, Arbroath and Riverside also made it through.

Ferry Athletic cruised into round three as they hit double digits against Lomond Colts. Owen Boath notched five of the Ferry goals. Maryfield were having similar fortunes in front of net, as they picked up a big win over Douglas.

Forfar Boys, Kirrie Thistle and Pitfour all scored seven times in their matches as they eased into Round Three.

Fairmuir were beaten 2-1 by Blue Brazil, while Monifieth beat Bridge of Earn by the same score line.

Two of the ties were decided by penalties, the first saw Jeanfield knock Celtic Boys out after a 2-2 draw, while DUSC advanced thanks to 10-9 shootout win over Riverside.

Broughty United were on league duty, and picked up an 11-0 win over Brechin in the DS Rennie League. Leon Winterton picked up a hat trick for the second game on the bounce. The result takes Broughty six points clear at the top of the table.

Lewis Hutton grabbed a hat trick for Dundee West U/15 as they beat Duloch Juniors Yellows 7-0. Fairmuir beat Kinross Colts by the same score line to seal a place in Round Three. Robbie Flynn bagged a hat trick for the Dundee side.

Pitfour squeezed into the next round as they bear Riverside 5-4 on penalties, where they will be joined by Carnoustie and Celtic Boys.

There were two G Taylor League fixtures that saw Broughty beat Montrose 5-3, and Monifieth close the gap on Pitfour to two points with an 8-0 win over Forfar.

This week’s featured match saw two teams with 100% records face off as Dryburgh Athletic hosted Glenrothes Strollers. The visitors knocked out Dryburgh CC in Round One, and made it a Dryburgh double as they picked up a 1-0 win.

The game’s only goal came after 22 minutes when Kieron Bowie slotted a low shot past Aaron Cosgrove.

Dryburgh had struggled offensively in the first period, but were given a boost when Bowie saw red for a second yellow card midway through the second half.

Ryan Smith and Ross Mcnaughton both had efforts saved by Callum Doran. The pressure was increasing on the Strollers’ backline as the game wore on. Central defender Thomas Glendinning made an important goal-line clearance before Doran denied Smith again with a flying save in the final minutes.

Fairmuir saw off Bayside 4-0 to book their place in Round Three. Jake Grady, Matthew Nelson, Ethan Samson and Kane Hynes all found the net. Ferry won 5-4 against Rothes Juniors and Jeanfield Blacks picked up a 3-0 win over Kelty Hearts, as only three of the DDYFA teams made their way into the draw for the next round.

Logie Harp picked up a 6-2 win over St Andrews Colts in the only Maryfield League fixture of the day.

Lincraig moved to the top of the table after a 3-3 draw with Dryburgh CC. This result combined with Riverside going down 3-0 to Monifieth, thanks to a brace from Ross McDowell and Adam Gray’s strike means the W Mills League has a new leader.

Bryce Duff bagged a brace for St Murdochs Colts as they picked up a 5-1 win over Forfar West End. Cameron Vaughn, Dylan Smith and Alfie Paterson were also on target.

Brechin beat Dundee Rangers 4-1 to earn their first win of the season. Aaron Angus scored from the penalty spot, with Jamie Raffan picking up a hat trick for the Angus side.

East Craigie Swifts are into Round Three after beating Celtic Boys 8-5 after extra time. Last year’s quarter finalists raced into a 3-0 lead, but found themselves trailing 5-4 in injury time. Callum McCleary found the injury time equaliser as East Craigie went on to seal the win and avoid being on the end of a big upset.

Dundee Rangers Scottish Cup adventure will continue into the next round after they beat Bayside 4-1. Rangers had never made it past Round One, but Daniel Wardlaw’s hat trick and Josh McCleary goal saw them ease into Round Three.

Ethan Coupar’s hat trick helped Carnoustie Panmure to a 7-1 win over Dryburgh. Forfar, ACSC and Brechin all made it into the third round.

Forfar West End and DUSC both picked up wins in the league. DUSC beat St Andrews Colts 2-1, and Forfar WE beat Montrose 3-2.

Fairmuir got their revenge on Forfar West End as they booked their place in Round Three with a 3-2 win. The Angus side took all three points when the sides faced off in the league, but a double from Jaden Murphy and a goal from Cammy Henderson had Fairmuir three to the good, and despite a late comeback, they made sure of their place in the next round.
They will be joined by Ferry Athletic, who won 5-3 against East Vale, and Coupar Angus, who beat Monifieth Tayside 3-2. Greig McLagan scored twice, and Stefan Brown was also on target.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments