Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 29/10/17

Written by 

Last weekend saw Scottish Cup, domestic cup and league action throughout all the age groups.

Here’s how the action went down:


Nine DDYFA teams were on Scottish Cup duty, with over half the teams going on to earn a place in Round Four.

Fairmuir sealed their passage to the next round with a 2-1 win over Crosshouse BC. An own goal and a Harrison Smith strike were enough to see them through.

They will be joined by Maryfield United, who beat Rossvale 4-3, as well as Ferry Athletic, Pitfour and Riverside, who all make it into Round Four in their first season at 11-a-side football.

In the Ross Ballantine Cup, Montrose won 5-0 against Broughty Pumas, while DUSC advanced to the next round of The Marshall Cup with a 5-2 win over Brechin.
In the Celtic Golden Jubilee Cup, there were first round wins for Celtic Boys, Monifieth and Dundee Thistle.

There was one game in the J Clenaghan League, and it saw the points shared as Newtyle and Forfar played out a 2-2 draw. Callum Stewart and Loghan McKelvie were on target for Newtyle.


Doubles from Matthew Platt and Liam Baillie helped Forfar beat Hillwood 6-0 in the Scottish Cup. Kieran Kelly and Louie McKay completed the scoring. Kirrie Thistle beat Wishaw 5-3 to guarantee a place in the Round Four draw.

St Andrews Colts picked up an 8-1 win over St Murdochs in the first round of the Mac Brown Cup.

Aiden Law hit a hat trick for Dundee West as they beat Brechin 6-0. Luca Snee opened the scoring, and Cammy Blacklock scored twice to secure a valuable three points in the DS Rennie League. Celtic got back to winning ways as they beat Montrose 7-0.

In the Watson McInally League, Dryburgh beat Carnoustie 4-3 and Riverside beat Vale of Tay 9-1.


This week’s featured match saw Dundee West host Kennoway in the Scottish Cup. Rudy Bou tapped in the only goal of the game after 31 minutes as Kennoway dumped Dundee West out of the competition for the second season in a row.

Robbie Flynn was on target for Fairmuir as they booked a spot in the fourth round with a 2-1 win over Bridgend. Carnoustie were put out by holders Barrhead. The visitors found themselves seven to the good, before Lewis Sivewright grabbed a late consolation for Carnoustie.

Pitfour sealed their passage to the next round with a 3-1 win over Muirston Blues.

There were three matches in the Tommy Clark Trophy, two of which were decided by penalties. Dougray Smith’s spot kick during normal time looked to have been enough to secure Riverside’s place in the next round, but a last minute equaliser from Aidan Lorente took the game to a shootout. Arran Ferry netted the decisive spot kick as Monifieth won 4-3 on penalties.

DUSC also advanced thanks to spot kicks after a 3-3 draw with Forfar. They emerged with a 4-2 win after the shootout.

The final match saw Broughty Panthers face off against Ferry in a derby match at Claypotts Park. Goals from Lewis Munro, Josh Knight, Daniel Boyle and Ryan Carr gave Broughty a 4-2 win, along with a place in the next round, as well as the all-important bragging rights. 

Dundee Thistle picked up another win in the G Taylor League as they beat Montrose 3-0.


Fairmuir were the only DDYFA team to get through in the Scottish Cup as they beat Baljaffary Inter 3-2. Jake Grady, Matthew Nelson and Jamie Timmons all found the net to fire them into Round Four.

In the Queens Jubilee Cup, there were big wins for Broughty United and St Murdochs over Forfar WE and Dundee Rangers respectively, while Blairgowrie saw off Scone Thistle by three goals to two.

Dryburgh thrashed Forfar Albion 7-0 in the only Maryfield League fixture of the day.

Paul Traynor’s strike and an own goal helped Riverside pick up a 2-0 win over Dundee Thistle in the W Mills League. Monifieth beat Lincraig 3-0 with goals from Cameron Dryden, Cameron McLaughlin and Jamie Lynch.

Kirrie won 2-1 away at Brechin, and Dryburgh CC won 7-1 against St Murdochs Colts.


Goals from Keir Gardiner, Matt McKinnon and Ewan Faulkner were enough for East Craigie Swifts to see off Brechin en-route to Round Four. They are joined by Forfar Boys, who beat Irvine Meadows 4-2. Dundee Rangers were beaten 2-1 in extra time by Hamilton Thistle, after a last minute Matthew Gorrie penalty sent the game to extra time.

In the first round of the Henry Dolan Cup, Celtic Boys won 4-2 away to Ferry.

In the Bodycare Complementary Clinics League, Anton McAleese, Martin Robertson, Taylor Baldie and Antonio Boyd were all on target for Partan Craig as they beat Dryburgh 4-2.

Monifieth beat Montrose 5-2, while Forfar West End beat St Andrews Colts 5-4.


Both the remaining DDYFA sides were knocked out of the Scottish Cup. Fairmuir Violet were beaten 4-0 by last year’s finalists Airdrie United, while Moray Robertson’s goal wasn’t enough for Coupar Angus, as they went down 2-1 against Dalkeith Thistle.

In the G Kerr Cup first round, Dundee West beat Monifieth Tayside 7-4, securing their spot in the next round.

In the President League, Luncarty beat Kirrie 3-1, and Forfar West End won 9-2 at home to Monifieth. 

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments