Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 19/11/17

Written by 


All three of the of the DDYFA teams made it into Round Five of the Scottish Cup. Blaike Kyles goal in extra time handed Ferry U13s a 2-1 win over Lewis United and they will face off against Fairmuir, who beat St Johns 3-1. Stuart Heenan scored twice, and Jude Duguid also found the net.

Riverside’s 1-0 win over Cleland Boys will see them travel to Glenbrae Colts in Round Five.

Broughty Pumas got their first win in the Café Royale League as they beat Carnoustie 4-1. Dylan McLeish got the goal for Carnoustie.

In the P Gibson League, Dundee West Royals moved to the top of the table thanks to a 4-0 win over ACSC. Fergus Holmes scored a hat trick, and Aiden Davidson also found the net.

That was possible after Dundee SC consigned Celtic Boys to their first league defeat of the season. Logan Brough, Mark Small, Andrew Gollan and Robbie Harvey got the goals that inspired them to a 4-3 win.


Forfar Boys booked a spot in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup with a 6-1 win away to Celtic BC. Liam Baillie and Matthew Platt were both at the double, with Kieran

Kelly and Jack Souttar rounding off the scoring. They will be off on their travels again to take on Drumchapel in the next round.

Celtic Boys secured a spot in the semi-finals of the Dundee West Anniversary Cup with a 3-2 win over Fairmuir.

In the DS Rennie League, Dundee West beat ACSC 5-1. Luca Snee scored twice, with Aiden Law, Cammy Blacklock and Derron Forbes all on target.


Pitfour will host holders Barrhead after beating Deveronvale 8-1. After falling behind midway through the first half, Dylan Wright brought Pitfour level before the break. In the second half, they turned on the style, with Kai Finnie scoring twice, Ally Alcorn and Jordan Turnbull both adding to their tallies for the season, and Ben Clos getting a hat trick.

In the G Taylor League, Nick Fletcher’s header ended Monifieth’s unbeaten start to the season. The win moves Dundee West up to third.

DUSC won 6-3 against Broughty Panthers, while Celtic Boys and Forfar Boys played out a 4-4 draw. Cody Logue scored twice, with Josh and Derren Gordon both finding the net.


This week’s featured match saw Ferry Athletic host St Andrews BC in the Scottish Cup.

After a back and forth opening, Ferry took the lead after 20 minutes when Louie Porter found the net with a controlled shot from the angle of the box.

St Andrews equalised two minutes before the break when David McGowan stabbed the ball past Connor Milton from close range, but Ferry were back in front 10 minutes into the second half when Porter found the net from a free kick.

The lead was short lived, as Liam Lapsley rifled in St Andrews second six minutes later. The visitors kept up the pressure on the Ferry goal, and scored the fifth goal of the game in the final few minutes when Naythan Stewart beat Milton with a dipping shot from 35 yards.

Dryburgh beat Broughty Utd 4-0 in the Queens Jubilee Cup to earn a spot in the quarter finals.


East Craigie Swifts booked their place in the Last 16 of the Scottish Cup with a 4-2 win over last year’s beaten finalists Lewis United. Keir Gardiner and Jordan Conway were both at the double for East Craigie, who travel to face Edinburgh City Whites in the next round.

In the Bodycare Complimentary Clinics League, Carnoustie Panmure won 2-0 away to DUSC.


Fairmuir won 6-1 against Brechin to extend their lead at the top of the President League table. Cameron Tansey scored twice, with Ryan McLaren, Mitchell Hay, Jaden Murphy and Ben Russell completing the scoring.

Coupar Angus picked up a 3-0 win over Forfar WE. Goals from Cameron McKinley and Ryan Beedie had Coupar Angus two to the good inside 10 minutes, and Moray Robertson’s second half strike secured all three points for the hosts.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments