Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 11/02/18

Written by 

There were goals galore as cup finalists were decided and important results at both ends of the league tables recorded.
Here’s how the action went down:



This week’s first featured match saw Ferry Athletic take on Pitfour for a place in the Diamond Jubilee Cup final. After falling behind to an Adam Leese strike, Ferry turned on the style and ran out 6-1 winners.

This was the first meeting of these sides at 11-a-side football and Pitfour’s aggressive pressing early on was disrupting a Ferry side that were beaten by Riverside in their previous outing. Pitfour were forcing Ferry into sloppy mistakes, and punished the hosts when Adam Leese fired a shot past Finlay Lyttle from 20 yards.

Their lead would prove to be short lived as Kyles brought Ferry level six minutes after they went behind. The forward was left unmarked at a corner and steered a low volley into the bottom corner.

Less than 60 seconds had passed when Aiden Lockheart lifted the ball into the path of Will Hanbury, and despite the Pitfour appeals for offside, he swept the ball past Moncrieff to give Ferry the lead.

Marcus McLaren had Pitfour’s first chance of the second half but Lyttle was equal to it. Ferry extended their lead when, in an attempt to head the ball back to Moncrieff, James Fairweather headed the ball into the Pitfour net.

Just like with their first goal, Ferry scored again moments later. A long free kick caused a scramble in the Pitfour goal mouth, which allowed Blair Milne to bundle the ball over the line.

Ferry weren’t done there and with the wind behind them, looked to add to their lead. Lockheart smacked in his sides fifth from 25 yards after 56 minutes.

To their credit, Pitfour continued to try and play their game, a task that was made more difficult playing into the wind. With four minutes left, Lockheart curled in another long-range effort to complete the scoring.

Fairmuir beat Carnoustie 5-2 in the Café Royale League. Stuart Heenan fired in a hat trick with Leo Norrie and Lewis Hornshaw also netting. Dylan McLeish and James Paterson got Carnoustie’s goals.

Riverside and Maryfield won 4-2 against Broughty Pumas and Montrose respectively.

There were 29 goals in the three J Clenaghan League matches. ACSC and Dundee West Reds both recorded 9-1 wins, while St Andrews Colts beat Forfar 5-4 to pick up their first league win of the season.

Dundee SC game from 3-1 down to beat Mearns in the P Gibson League. Keir Miller scored a hat trick while Logan Brough, Robbie Harvey, Mark Small and Andrew Gollan completed the scoring to secure a 7-3 win.

Celtic Boys and Monifieth both hit the goal trail in their P Gibson League wins, while Dundee Thistle beat Dundee West Royals 6-1.



Leon Winterton scored four of Broughty United’s goals as they beat Riverside 7-0 in the quarter final of the Reilly Falconer Cup. Daragh McCafferty, Lewis Grant and John McGlashan completed the scoring.

Ferry Athletic came from behind to beat ACSC 8-1 in the DS Rennie League. Owen Boath got a brace, while Blair Anderson, Jude Moir, Jack Moir, Nicolas Mathew, Jacob Sharpe and Reece McDonald also netted.

Aiden Law scored four goals as Dundee West picked up a big win over DUSC. Aaron Dillon netted twice, while Cammy Blacklock, Cayden Smith, Kyler Van Der Troon and Scott McIlvenny also scored.

In the Watson McInally League, St Andrews Colts, Maryfield and Dryburgh all won 2-0 in their matches.



This week’s second featured match saw Broughty Panthers and Riverside serve up a classic. Sam Grimes goal in the fourth minute of injury time earned Broughty Panthers a point in their G Taylor League clash.

Goals either side of half time from Liam Jones and Lewis Munro had given Broughty the advantage, but Dougray Smith’s header handed Riverside a lifeline.

Callum Livingstone saw red as Broughty were reduced to 10-men, and Ben Garrick’s late double looked to have been enough for Riverside until Grimes pounced on a loose ball and earned Broughty a point.

Elliott McCafferty’s double helped Monifieth to a 2-1 win over Monifieth. Robbie Flynn netted a hat trick as Fairmuir beat Broughty United 7-1. His namesake Kai scored twice, with Damian Kunc and Graeme Stewart completing the scoring.

Carnoustie beat Dundee Thistle 5-3, and Forfar drew 1-1 with Celtic Boys.



Jeanfield beat Logie 2-0 in the Maryfield League, and St Murdochs won 3-0 away to Scone.

Lincraig won 7-0 against St Murdochs Colts in the W Mills League. Their title rivals Dryburgh CC won 5-2 away to Kirrie, while Riverside drew 1-1 with Dundee Thistle.



Dryburgh Athletic are in the semi-finals of the Henry Dolan Cup after beating St Andrews Colts 3-0 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

There were 5-3 wins for Forfar and Kirrie in the Dave Pullar League, while Ferry beat ACSC 3-1.

Carnoustie edged out Monifieth 4-3 in the Bodycare Complimentary Clinics League. Brechin beat Forfar WE 4-1, and Partan Craig beat DUSC 6-4.



Ross Bell’s hat trick was the difference as Fairmuir Violet beat Luncarty 5-2 in the Presidents League. Ferry beat Kirrie 6-4, Letham Tans beat Monifieth 3-0 and Forfar WE beat Monifieth Tayside 2-0.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments