Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 08/05/18

Written by 

There were matches with title implications throughout the age groups on Tuesday evening.

Here’s how the action went down:



Ferry Athletic beat Carnoustie 6-0 in the Café Royale League while Pitfour won 3-2 against Broughty Pumas.



Jake Kettles’ header separated the Angus derby between Kirrie Thistle and Forfar Boys. The 1-0 win keeps Kirrie’s title hopes alive while leaving Forfar with no margin for error as they try to retain their crown.



Arran Ferry’s double put Monifieth on the verge of the G Taylor League title as they inflicted Fairmuir’s first league defeat of the season.

Monifieth knocked Fairmuir out of both domestic cups earlier in the season and nearly opened the scoring after eight minutes when Greg Will headed the ball towards goal, but Liam Hunt was on hand to clear the ball off the line.

Both these sides boast strong defensive records, meaning cleat cut chances were few and far between in the opening stages. Fairmuir’s Jamie McCann dragged a shot wide after a run from midfield.

Monifieth were nearly gifted the opener after 32 minutes when they pounced on a slack goal kick, but Arran Ferry didn’t capitalise as he fired a weak shot straight at Shaun Watt.

The striker did find the net two minutes later after being released by Elliot McCafferty. Ferry slotted past the oncoming Watt to hand Monifieth the lead.

Thomas Welsh was called into action early in the second half as he kept out a strike from Jamie McCann. Mason Anderson fired wide from distance as Fairmuir searched for an equaliser.

At the other end, Bartosz Kwiatek flicked an Aiden Lorente cross over from close range while Jamie McCann was denied by Welsh again after being set up by Graeme Stewart.

Jamie McCann did manage to beat Welsh with a free kick after 63 minutes but saw the ball bounce off the post before the referee blew for a foul.

With seven minutes left, Monifieth scored again. Ferry powered his way into the box, holding off two Fairmuir defenders before slotting a low shot into the bottom corner.

Pitfour are also in contention for the title as they beat Dundee Thistle 8-1. Ally Alcorn opened the scoring but was dismissed shortly after.

Dundee Thistle equalised before half time but Pitfour were unfazed with Kai Finnie grabbing a second half hat trick alongside doubles from Jordan Turnbull and Ben Clos.



Ryan Corbitt scored a hat trick for Dryburgh in their penultimate league game of the season. Ryan Smith also netted in their 4-1 win over Logie Harp.

Fairmuir kept up their unbeaten run with a 1-0 win over Broughty United. Forfar Albion picked up a 4-3 win over Ferry Athletic.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments