Home My YFS

Second half come back from Lewis United books quarter final spot

Written by  Lewis United Youth


Moorlands BC
Lewis United Youth
Under 17's Scottish Cup Fifth Round
30 December 2014
Lewis United made the long trip down from Aberdeen to face central opposition, in the form of Moorlands BC.
Lewis United took the game to Moorland's straight from the off and were applying a great deal of pressure on their goal, with some dangerous crosses from Callum Youngson.
The Moorland's keeper was keeping Lewis United at bay, with some great interception's from these crosses, with some good punches clear.
However there wasn't too many clear cut chances, until Dillon Leslie latched on to a great high ball in from Youngson which the little winger put inches over the bar.
Moorland's were still carrying a threat going forward and had a good chance from a shot inside the box but the Lewis keeper saved well down to his right. 
With half time approaching, Moorlands snatched the lead, when their striker smashed the ball home from a rebound off the Lewis United keeper, 1-0 Moorlands.
Half Time : Moorlands BC 1-0 Lewis United Youth
Five minutes into the second half and the away side drew level, when Masson poked home expertly. 
After the equaliser Lewis United gained the front foot in the match and in the sixty fifth minute they were rewarded with their second goal. From a great corner, Smidt rose to power home a header, sending the away side 2-1 up.
Moorlands seeked to get themselves back into the match, however they couldn't break the Lewis United defence. 
On the seventy fifth minute, Lewis United got their third goal of the match when Lawrence burst through on goal before the keeper saved his shot, however Canale followed up and slammed the ball home, 3-1 to Lewis United.
Lewis United saw the match out as the home side tried to come up with a reply, booking a place in the last eight of the competition.
Full Time : Moorlands BC 1-3 Lewis United Youth 
Login to post comments