Home My YFS
Sunday, 17 February 2013 21:45

Culter comeback stuns Colts

Written by  Kieran Fowler
Rate this item
(1 Vote)


Colony Colts
Culter Deeside
U16's ADJFA League
Second half goals saw Culter Deeside come back from a three goal deficite to win four goals to three against Colony Colts.

Deeside began the game well, establishing a territorial advantage and pinning Colony back for the first ten minutes. However a decent effort by Kieran was their only shot, and as so often this season Culter were caught out - from being completely on top a break by Colony ended with Deeside a goal down.

Soon after things went further wrong when a clumsy tackle was quite rightly given as a penalty. Colony scored and made it two nil. Colony also hit the bar and piled on the pressure with corner after corner. Inevitably the pressure told and Colony got their third goal.

The Deeside management had already put on all their subs, but minutes before half-time changed their formation and at soon saw some glimmer of light when a shot from Morgan came close. However the score at half time was an embarrassing three nil.

Half time: Colony Colts 3-0 Culter Deeside

The second half started as the first had ended, with Colony well on top. However within five minutes Daniel came very close after running on to a long goal-kick, and Finlay got Deeside off to a good start with a goal.

The goal, combined with the formation change and the robust half-time team-talk, revitalised Culter. Colony looked rattled after the goal but soon steadied, and gave Culter a few scary moments with quick breaks.

Deeside pressed on and got a second goal - Ken held the ball up, Kieran took it forward and shot, hitting the bar, and Daniel was there to roll the rebound home to make it three two.

Deeside had the upper hand now, and Finlay had a good shot on goal to add to all his good work in midfield. Ken was again involved with the equaliser. He took a sore one from a clearance but staggered to his feet to win the ball and lay it off to Kieran.

Culter could have gone ahead soon after when the Colony keeper had a good save from Matthew, but finally did go one up when Findlay laid the ball on perfectly, Matthew poked the ball across, and Kieran scored.

With Culter taking the lead it was Colony who were to push forward desperately in search of an equaliser, however Culter held strong with good work from Mark, Dylan and Bailey along with the rest of the defence. The Deeside support half-expected a last-minute equaliser for the hosts however Culter showed character to see out the final few minutes to secure a hard fought four three victory.

Full time: Colony Colts 3-4 Culter Deeside

Culter Deeside squad: Calum Henderson, Conor Watson, Philip Moon, Craig Magowan, Daniel Penley, Morgan McKay, Findlay Swan, Ken Aggrey, Kieran Fowler, Mark Nicholson, Matthew McIntosh. Substitutes: Bailey Craig, Andrew Maxwell, Dylan Tyrie-Dron

Report by Kieran Fowler (@jannya19)
Last modified on Monday, 28 October 2013 11:33
Login to post comments