Privacy notice for Youth Football Scotland
Youth Football Scotland LTD takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Youth Football Scotland or sign up to participate in any of our services or events (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
· Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number.
· Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for events and courses.
· Payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details when purchasing our products or serices
· Participation details – Club, age group, league association, national association, role at club.
· Equality information – sex, gender, disability]
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use the personal information to:
· Provide you with core member services, including benefits programme or opportunities from Youth Football Scotland to your club/team.
· Contact you regarding opportunities through our partner organisations.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
· Provide you with news and updates about the activity of Youth Football Scotland.
· Raise awareness of the Youth Football Scotland’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
· Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with obligations under:
· The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, which requires us to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
· The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
When we are collecting your personal information, Youth Football Scotland will outline the reason for the collection. In some cases we will collect your personal information for our own purposes, and in other cases we will outline that your details will be passed onto one of our trusted partner organisations. This will be outlined prior to your submitting your personal information to us. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Youth Football Scotland may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes:
· Partner organisations that provide products or services to youth football clubs in Scotland
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our office office staff only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our staff in secure electronic databases, accessible only by our office staff. Your personal data is transferred to Youth Football Scotland by inputting it directly into a password-protected database or emailed via a password-protected spreadsheet.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with information on products, services & activity from Youth Football Scotland and our partner organsiations. We will keep your information on file until such time as you ask us to remove it from our records.
You have a right to:
· Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
· Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Request that we delete your personal information.
· Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk