Home My YFS

Valspar clinch a win in tight game against AC Irvine

Written by 


AC Irvine
Under 13's President Cup Quarter Final
07 December 2014
It was a cold and wet morning at the KGV but this didn't dampen both teams attitude for a great game as AC Irvine travelled to Ayr to play Valspar in this keenly awaited presidents cup quarter final. 
The Irvine team were dealt a blow in the warm up with centre back Caleb Essen being injured in warm up.
This blow seems to have an effect on the visitors as Valspar came out the blocks quickly playing some neat fast flowing football Connor Purvis striking the ball superbly from the edge of the box into the top corner. 
Then on fifteen minutes Purvis again struck from the edge of the box to make it 2-0 to the Valspar side.
Things were to get worse for Irvine as they found themselves further behind, after on the twenty mark Aaron Mooney beat the offside trap to round the goalkeeper to take the ayr team into a 3-0 lead.
Valspar looked in control at this point, until centre midfielder Richie Simpson came off injured. 
The third goal seemed to spark AC Irvine into life and they went on the attack and piled pressure on the home team.
On twenty two minutes Owen Densham struck to bring the Irvine team back into it. 
After this it was lots of pressure from AC Irvine, without creating a clear chance, until on twenty seven minutes a fantastic strike from Chris Callender made it 3-2.
This really gave the AC Irvine side a lift, however the half time whistle came, at a good time for Valspar.
Half Time : Valspar 3-2 AC Irvine
The second half started with AC Irvine piling the pressure on the Ayr team, probing and prodding, playing nice football.
Then ten minutes in to the second half, Owen Densham scored his second of the match with, putting the AC Irvine level at 3-3. 
Straight from kick off a great run by Lewis Glass, taking the ball past four or five players, before slipping the ball into Murray Thomson who took the ball into the box and slotted it past the ac goalkeeper to make it 4-3 to Valspar. 
The goal seemed to galvanise Valspar who were under the cosh up to that point, but the game became a bit tighter after that and although both teams created chances after this Valspar held on to win 4-3.
This was a fabulous advert for the South West region, with a game played in the correct way with two teams attacking and defending with intesity and a game played in the right spirit, I think both teams will be looking forward to the next meeting of the teams.
Full Time : Valspar 4-3 AC Irvine
Login to post comments