Home My YFS

Drumchapel hold out for win despite late Antonine fightback

Written by 


Drumchapel United
Under-15 DFDL
Donald Dewer Centre
04 May 2014
Antonine travelled the short distance to the donald dewar centre for this vital dfdl league game. They still had a handful of players out as the squad became stretched.the game started evenly as both teams cancelled each other out, but in the 15th minute a long ball caught out the antonine back line+the drum striker calmly slotted home past Mikey Doak to open the scoring.
This jolted antonine into life and a flowing move involving Steven Maciver, Owen Gallacher, Caleab Elliot resulted in adam boyle going 1 on 1 with the keeper, but the keeper saved well. 
On the 25 minute mark a flowing move involving Calum Maxwell and Fraser James let Boyle cut in from the left but he fired wide.
On 30 mins Boyle was clipped as he went into the box and a penalty was awarded but Antonines penalty woes continued as Dean Miller's effort was saved by the keeper and the rebound was put wide.
Drum then had a chance but Doak produced a great save to keep it 1-0..
Half Time: Drumchapel United 1-0 Antonine
The 2nd half started with Antonine pressing for an equaliser with Boyle and Elliot both coming close.
Brendan kelly then lost the ball on the halfway line and as last man the drum striker ran on and made it 2-0.
Antonine came back into it again and with 25 mins to go, they got a 2nd penalty when Fraser James was bundled over in the box and Owen Gallacher stepped up to wrongfoot the keeper but agonisingly put it the wrong side of the post! This is antonines 4th spot kick miss in a row.
Dom Cairney then had to go off injured after a late high tackle that surprisingly only merited a yellow card.
The drum keeper then had a couple of saves from Boyle.
With 15 to go Antonine never cleared a corner and the drum defender mishit the ball and luckily for him it went in.
Danny Hamilton then fired a free kick over the bar and Boyle as he was going through was pulled back by the already booked defender but the ref turned a blind eye to it.
With 10 to go darren wallace played in boyle who slotted home with his 22nd goal of the season.
As antonine piled forward trying to get at least a point boyle had a couple of chance saved and Elliot fired just wide. At the start of injury time, Fraser James got it back to 2-3 with a shot from an acute angle.
Unfortunately Antonine couldn't fashion out an equaliser lost their 1st league game of the season. A poor day for Antonine where defensive slackness and poor finishing cost them!
Full Time: Drumchapel United 3-2 Antonine
Login to post comments