Connect with us

Match Previews & Reports

Banks O’Dee Albion rout Mill United to reach final

Aberdeen side Banks O’Dee Albion scored an incredible haul of goals to reach the 2014-15 Trans World Soccer Scottish Youth FA Cup final after beating Lanarkshire opponents Mill United comprehensively in a one-sided match at Peterculter’s Crombie Park.
It was Albion who took the lead as a cutback found Joseph Wilson who slotted home inside the box to give his side an early lead on a fine spring day in the north-east.
Minutes later Albion doubled their advantage as Dan Morrice found the back of the net with a good finish after good build-up play.
Mill United who made the long journey northwards to Aberdeen from Hamilton nearly pulled one back as a free kick found Ryan O’Neil whose half-volley from the left side of the box hit the post before going out for a goal kick.
The Lanarkshire side then had two opportunities to pull one back as Jamie McVey’s low shot from within the box went just wide, then Kathleen McGovern’s long range shot from outside the box dipped goalwards but was saved by the Albion goalkeeper.
In first half stoppage time Albion made it 3-0 as a ball in from the right found Reece Wilson who scored a fantastic goal to give his side a three goal lead.

Two minutes after the break it was 4-0 as Finlay Ness rounded the goalkeeper to slot home after a good through ball set him up.
Ness scored his second of the game as he was set up with a good pass and he calmly slotted the ball past the goalkeeper to give his side a five goal lead.
Ness got his hat-trick as a corner was delivered from the left hand side and Ness was there to head home to score a clinical hat trick inside an incredible nine minute spell.
It was raining goals in this match and Albion scored again as a good pass found Dan Morrice who slotted home with a low shot from the right of the box to score his second and his team’s seventh goal of the match.
Albion were turning on the style and made it 8-0 as Ness’ ball into the box from the left hand side was finished off by Morrice to complete his hat-trick.
Despite the score Mill United looked to pull one back and Dylan MacArthur’s pass found O’Neil whose shot was saved.
Albion made it 9-0 as Joseph Wilson’s ball in from the left was finished off by Ruben Whitelaw to score the goal’s ninth goal of the match.
The scoreline went into double figures as a Joseph Wilson shot was saved by Cameron Doyle in the Mill United goal only for Ness to score the rebound for his fourth goal of the match.
Ness then got his fifth goal of the match and his side’s eleventh as Kyle Dalling’s shot was saved by Doyle with Nass finishing off from the resulting rebound.
Albion rounded off the scoring in the last minute of the match as a ball in from the left found Lyle Adair who finished to score the games twelfth goal of the match in an incredible performance from Albion.
Banks O’Dee Albion will now play in the Trans World Soccer Scottish Youth FA Cup final in May.



More in Match Previews & Reports